These Heera peanuts have been blanched (a process of boiling or lightly scalding) to remove the skin of the peanuts. The peanuts are creamy-white in colour and can be used for sweet and salty preparations.
– Peanut chutney or paste can be made by grinding together peanuts, chilli peppers, coriander leaves, garlic, mustard seeds, and salt.
– They can be added to Upma, Poha (chivda) or Puliogare rice to give the snack / dish a crunchier taste.
– They can be ground to a paste and added to a gravy to thicken it.
– It can be added to any main dish where nutty flavour and a bit of crunch is required by roasting and grinding it. Keep it a bit grainy to have the flavour distinguishable.
– Roasting the peanuts not only enhances their taste but augments antioxidants levels like p-coumaric acid, and helps remove toxic aflatoxin