MTR’s Rasam Powder is a finely blended mix of spices that helps your prepare the famous South Indian Rasam with the authentic flavour. This dish has a spicy and tangy flavour and can be enjoyed with rice or as a hot soup.
MTR Recipe: Rasam
1. Cook 60 gm (4 tbsp) of red gram dal in 800 ml of water with 1/2 tsp cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric. Churn the cooked dal and keep aside.
2. Boil tamarind extract with jaggery.
3. Add 1 tbsp (15g) MTR Rasam Powder and salt to taste. Add chopped tomatoes (60g).
4. Add the cooked dal and water to the desired consistency. Cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Season with 1/2 tsp mustard and asafoetida (in ghee).
6. Garnish it with finely cut coriander leaves and serve as a soup or with rice.
Ingredients: Coriander (50 %), chilli, cumin, fenugreek, asafoetida