This Urid Dal is split and de-husked Urid bean. It is creamy white in colour and has a distinct, delicious earthy flavour and aroma.
– Urid or Urad dal is used widely in South Indian cooking, for eg. in making batters for vada, idlis and dosas.
– It is also used in tempering Indian dishes.
– Dal fry can be prepared by boiling the dal and seasoning it with tomato, garlic, ginger and onion.
– It can be ground and used with rice flour to make chakli or murukku.
– Urid dal is a good source of protein.
– It contains iron, folic acid, calcium, magnesium and other nutrients.
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.